Wednesday, October 18, 2006

What Scarlett Johansson and I have in common

Being sick is not so bad, it has allowed me to watch a horrendous amount of trash tv. And through that medium I have learnt that I have more in common with Scarlett Johansson than I thought. Apart from being quite short (she's 5' 4", I'm 5' 5.5") and having had our hearts broken in the Park Hyatt that is.

No, Scarlett and I share a similar obsession, one that has garnered us (well, me anyway) ridicule and disbelief. We both love Spongebob Squarepants. There, I've said it. And I don't just love Spongebob himself. I have a softspot for the evil Plankton. I can justify all this intellectually by saying that the creator is a marine biologist and the show therefore helps to educate children (and, ahem, some adults) about the complexity of marine ecosystems. (But I don't really need to do that since I also love the Powerpuff Girls and used to have quite a crush on Professor Plutonium.)

So Scarlett if you're reading this, I understand. I'll meet you for a Suntory and Krabby Patty anytime!

No comments: