Sunday, January 21, 2007

Snow angels

2am, after 4 bottles of wine between three of us, and a lot of bruschetta, Miss I. and I decided to go frolicking in the freshly fallen snow, and I fell in love with Stockholm all over again. I've been having a hard time deciding if I really should try and stay here forever, or if I should cut my losses and hit the bigtime in London (or get really depressed after spending 4 hours of every day on the tube and talking to Eastenders who omit all required consonants). JonJon says I should just stay in one place for a while. I. agrees (although perhaps has ulterior motives, since we have just settled in here and committed to learning how to DJ so we can perform a set called "From Helsinki to Sydney" at our friends' new nightclub. Until then we have committed to drinking wine the way only Finns and Australians really can, in order to keep the owners happy). My parents and ex-boyfriend (of the pizza-less fridge) think I should go and get myself some pounds in the bank. I am torn in two. I really don't know which way to go here, and find myself doing anything to not have to think about it (including watching VERY bad tv thrillers with titles like "The Seductress", frolicking in the snow, and drinking wine like only Finns and Australians can). I am hoping some miracle occurs to make my mind up (the emergence of a valiant Viking would be nice) but failing that I'm going to have to do some hard thinking in the next few days. Is it actually possible to ever be nearly a Swede?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, let me know when your gig is on - a very cool excuse to come to Stockholm!

Greens on the Run

MissyM said...

One year on, I would like to point out to any aspiring Londoner that putting 'pounds in the bank' requires a rather massive income.... so stay where you are!!