Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Birthday Party

Well, despite the lamentations of Valentine's Day and society's general reminder that to be single is to be some kind of aberration, my birthday was surprisingly well-supported. (This was possibly helped by the fact I celebrated it twice.)

Aptly, Nick Cave even made an appearance on the second night of celebrations, at my absolute favourite restaurant in London. I couldn't work up the nerve to thank him for the time he was so kind to me when, as a slightly gothic 16 year old I approached him on the streets of my hometown. 'Excuse me!' I said, and he turned around with characteristic purposefulness. 'Um...are you Nick Cave?' I twittered. 'Yep.' he said. I proceeded to lecture him about Wim Wenders films (cringe) until he actually wrote my name in the book he was reading and gave me free tickets to his concert. I still wonder if he ever opens that book and wonders why on earth my name is in it.

Since he was also present at the Hitlergate debacle, I decided to leave Mr Cave and his enchilada in peace - but I was cowardly enough to snap a paparazzi shot with my phone.

No comments: