Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My life with Simon Le Bon


It's been ages. So, before I get back to the regular entries, to sum up where we're at, I will quote my friend Demis's latest Facebook message:

"
F*ck yeah! gay paree.... you're living every girls Sex And The City dream life, complete with the problematic yet ultimately quite lusty European boyfriend situation... :)"

Basically - I have a new job, at a company I have dreamed of working at for ages (ten years, to be precise). The job is turning out well, and as you may have gathered, we work with pretty amazing people. The aforementioned 'European boyfriend' is not so much a boyfriend as someone lovely I have met who unfortunately lives two hours flight away, which is highly impractical. So before I get enquiries as to the wedding date, let's just leave that one right there.

It's kind of job vs Sweden right now, yet again - the eternal struggle. So there's that, and there's my new kitten Simon Le Bon. Simon (that's him in the picture, and he's also attempting to help me type this right now) , despite his glam rock name and impending glittery gold collar, is hilarious and...mute. Making a mockery of his name really.

Mr Le Bon (the feline version) was named after his Duran Duran namesake when the latter was spotted smoking outside my office. We did intend to name the cat Jake Gyllenhaal so we could tell our colleagues we had to get home to 'feed Jake Gyllenhaal', but since Mr G failed to materialise outside my office, Mr Le Bon beat him to it.

I am going to update this on a regular basis again, London has been imparting some kind of chronic fatigue and it has been a whole 5 months since I posted. But for now, off to feed Simon (from Duran Duran). Just kidding. The cat.
x

No comments: