Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Linus the Penis

As I prepare to say "vi ses snart" (see you soon) to Sweden, I am going to document as many of the things I love (or love-hate) about it as much as I can, in no particular order. This guy is one that's not necessarily top of the list, but sure is unique. (He goes in the love-hate pile). Now he is actually called "Linus the Line" or something, but I have to say that I'm not the only one (I hope) who thought he kind of resembled something else. He's a strange animation that pops up on publicly-funded television and encounters various um...obstacles revolving around ...ugh...a line, making noises reminiscent of cold-war era Eastern European claymation series that we used to get on ABC television in Australia in between episodes of "Astro Boy" and "Inspector Gadget". You can see my problems fitting him into some kind of theoretical socio-economic point in animation's evolution. That's all I can say really. You have to see him for yourself!

BREAKING NEWS: My friend Ludvig tells me that Linus is actually Italian. ...Explains a lot. However, he has been on Swedish TV since the 70s. Also explains just that little bit more.

No comments: