Monday, June 18, 2007

The Dalek's ear


In a weird moment of synchronicity, not only is Doctor Who my neighbour, but today, someone gave me a Dalek's ear (that's him in the picture - the Dalek that is, not the good Doctor).

We have a pet Dalek in one of the cafe areas downstairs. Recently, it suffered a horrific tragedy when someone ripped one of its 'ears' off and took it home as a souvenir. Today as I was innocently working away, a guy from the IT team came up to my desk. 'I hear we're missing a Dalek's ear?' he said. I stared at him as he placed what looks like the tail-light from a Morris Minor on my desk. 'I found it at a garage sale on the weekend,' he explained. 'The guy who sold it to me asked me what kind of car it was for. I told him it was for a space robot. He was not impressed'.

I went downstairs before to see if I could fix the Dalek (or have a great excuse for phoning David Tennant). Unfortunately, the ear I have is red, and the one the Dalek needs is white - although considering how much he scared me as a kid, he's lucky to have any ears at all right now.

So for the foreseeable future I am in possession of one Dalek ear, unused, free to a good home (preferably a home not focused on the annihilation of the planet). Any takers?

1 comment:

Brianfit said...

Ah, that would be an Imperial Dalek you have then. But a red ear? Could be some limited edition Special Weapons model from the late 80s. Or it could be that it IS actually the tail-light from a Morris Minor.